Mitzvot Kids (ages 5-9)
January 30, 2021 Service
This month’s teachings focus on the power of our words.
The Messianic portion focuses on Hebrew words – the names of God – and their meaning. Please see the text below for the content to share and prepare accordingly.
Jan 9 – Elohim – God is Creator
Jan 16 – Abba – God is my Father
Jan 23 – El Shaddai – God Almighty
Jan 30 – Adonai – God is my Lord
6-6:20 Pre-Service Prayer
**IMPORTANT: Allow children to play. Put music on – Shabbat Songs for Kids – Hine Mah Tov – select from the different options available.
7:00 Class Begins
- Start by playing music Shabbat Songs for Kids – Hine Mah Tov – select from the different options available.
- Allow children to play for about 8-10 minutes.
- Use this time to send children to the bathroom. This will be the only time they have unless they absolutely need to go.
7:10 Lesson begins
1) Do the memory verse, Gateway Kids YouTube video:
Proverbs 18:21: “The tongue can speak words that bring life or death.”
2) Do the word declaration with the children:
“I am the head and not the tail. I am above only and not beneath. I am blessed coming in and blessed coming out. And EVERYTHING I set my hands will PROSPER!”
Skip worship on GW video. They’ve already worshipped with their parents and the rest of the congregation. Have the kids sit back down.
3) Resume video for the lesson!
7:35 Messianic Teaching & Coloring Time
Color the coloring sheet with “ADONAI”. Explain that this is the Hebrew word that means MY LORD.
Leviticus 18:2 says: Speak to the sons of Israel and say to them, ‘I am the Lord your God.’
When we call God our Lord, it means we obey Him. For example, God says we need to obey our parents. So if we call God “My Lord”, it means we need to listen and obey our parents.
Can you tell me other ways we can show to God that we really accept him as our Lord?
7:55 cleanup 🙂